Pure Leisure Group Donates Life-Saving Defibrillators to Local Primary Schools
8 February 2018
On 15th November 2017, schools across North Lancashire were granted with a life-saving contribution from family-owned holiday and leisure enterprise, Pure Leisure Group. Owner John Morphet donated a total of 3 defibrillators to primary schools in Carnforth and surrounding Lancashire areas, Over Kellet and Nether Kellet. The charitable donations intended to raise awareness about child welfare and safety, and help reduce the number of cardiac arrest related incidents in public schools.
John Morphet was joined by St John Stott and Jordan Scott, Head of Marketing at Pure Leisure Group to present the health & safety equipment to school representatives at a charity lunch in November last year. The lunch was held at the multi-award-winning South Lakeland Leisure Village, one of Pure Leisure’s most reputable holiday parks since the group established in 2004.
Attendees included Nicki Brough, Head Teacher of Nether Kellet Community Primary School and Magnus Mulliner, VC of Governors at Wilson’s Endowed CE Primary School. The third school to receive defibrillators but couldn’t attend was Christ Church CE Primary School. Both representatives were extremely grateful to receive the brand new defibrillators in person, and Pure Leisure Group was delighted to make such a generous donation.
Each defibrillator was purchased from City and Guilds accredited vocational training company, TutorCare Ltd. A free on-site training course took place South Lakeland Leisure Village, involving step-by-step health & safety instructions on how to operate the defibrillators, recognise heart attack symptoms, learn resuscitation techniques as well as detailed first aid training. Pure Leisure Group attended a number of training sessions with TutorCare Ltd to ensure its park and head office staff received expert first aid and defibrillator training.
After being alerted that many primary schools struggle to raise funds to purchase defibrillators, Pure Leisure has since reassured pupils, parents, teachers and staff by installing this life-saving equipment on the premises of local schools in case of emergencies.